Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
1. Our Vision
Our VISION is a future where all pets live in a responsible and caring home and that Rain Rescue are recognised as a high quality provider of animal welfare and community services to achieve that goal.
2. Our Mission
- Reduce the number of unwanted or homeless pets in the U.K by providing a safe rescue space to recover, receive treatment and find a home.
- Reduce the number of animals entering the animal welfare system through neutering, campaigning for change; education and the promotion of responsible ownership and by supporting owners to keep their pets
- Promote the benefits of neutering and where necessary financially assist owners to neuter and microchip their cats.
- Reduce the overpopulation of stray cats by neutering and returning true feral cats to their locations.
- Helping abandoned street cats by identifying those that are not feral and are just dumped cats with no owner living rough. Providing veterinary care, neutering and finding them new homes.
3. Our Core Values
Rain Rescue are guided in our work by the following core values:
Quality of care
We seek to provide our animals with the best quality of care available within our resources. We aim to ensure each animal has their emotional and physical wellbeing met through; a suitable environment; a suitable diet; providing the ability to exhibit normal behaviour patterns; and protecting them from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
Finding the right home for the right animal
Each animal is assessed, and each adopter evaluated on their individual circumstances to ensure we find the right match. We aim to avoid blanket rehoming policies and look at each individual match for suitability and to ensure a flexible approach to achieve a long-term adoption.
Compassion for both animals and people
We show compassion for both the animals in our care and the people we deal with whatever their circumstances for using our services.
We do not discriminate against the animals we help based on their breed, age or medical condition. No adoptable animal is unnecessarily euthanised due to space or time constraints.
Respect and Value
We respect and value our staff, volunteers, partners and supporters.
We do not just deal with the problems caused by poor animal welfare, but actively seek to tackle the root causes and work towards being part of the solution.
Transparency and accountability
We strive to work in a way that is open, honest, and transparent and is accountable to our stakeholders.